Saturday, September 17, 2011

When I love you is to hard to say

May your hand be the last hand I hold
when I leave this world.
May your eyes be the last eyes I see
when I leave this world.
May your lips be the last lips I kiss
when I leave this world.
May your voice be the last voice I hear
when I leave this world.

It was your touch,
                    your smile,
                         your voice,
                                 your love,
                                     your friendship,
                                                that I have lived for.

                                          You hold me together,
                              tear me apart,
                                               bring me down,
                                 help me up,
                                               hold me,
                                    push me,
                                             create me,
                                   erase me.

You are the sinew that binds my bones together.
You are the breath and blood of my body,
the depth and height of my soul.
There is not an atom of me that exists without you.
I wish our vows could be said all over again
because I do not wish to be parted by death.


If the Gods gave me the power,
I would be your wife
your partner,
your friend;
                                                                simply yours
till the last star in the heavens
dropped from the sky.
till the last blade of grass
withered and f
                        e
                          l
                           l
                             to dust.

May my lips be pressed to yours,
May my hand rest over your heart
May my gaze never leave your face
Until our ancient bones disintegrate.


 Poem largely inspired by this image and dedicated to my husband

No comments:

Post a Comment