Saturday, November 19, 2011

I have a new interest, maybe a hobby.  I want to make and taste historic recipes and when I say historic, I mean waaaaayyyyyyy back in the day, not just those weird savory jellos of the 1960s and 70s.  I found an amazing web site that lists recipes from the Renaissance.  Although I don't see myself whipping up a batch of marrow pudding anytime soon (yes, that really is made from what you think it is), as I was reading about these things, I found an entirely new lexicon that thrilled me to the gills.  I learned what ambergris was and where it came from (trust me on this, it's right on up there with marrow pudding). 

As for "why" as in why would I want to do this thing, I think the more appropriate questions would be "why not"?  For some reason it appeals to me and that's all the logic I really need. I just love to experience what is unknown to me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment